Microsoft Entourage 2008 for Mac, Web Services Edition uses Exchange Web Services as the primary protocol to communicate with Exchange Server. In addition to several calendaring improvements, this new version of Entourage synchronizes notes, tasks, and categories with Exchange Server.
- You can set up Entourage Web Services Edition ONLY if your account is on an Exchange 2007 or Exchange 2010 server. Additionally, Entourage EWS is required if you are on the Exchange 2010 plan.
- You must have Entourage 2008 installed before you upgrade to Entourage EWS. If your hosting plan includes Entourage and Outlook, you can download Entourage from:
- Administrators: HostPilot® Control Panel > Get Started Here! > Step 2 (Download & Set Up Your Email Client) > Download Entourage
- Users: My Services > Downloads & Instructions > Outlook section. (It might not be available if disabled by the administrator in Mailbox Properties, or if your plan does not include it).
- To install Entourage Web Services Edition, follow the instructions in the article Entourage Web Services Edition Installation Guidelines, then proceed with setup as described below.
- If you are using the MS Office Home and Student Edition, we DO NOT recommend that you install Entourage 2008 unless you have access to the MS Office Home and Student Edition installer. (The MS Office Home and Student Edition will not function until you reinstall it after the Entourage 2008 install is complete.)
- If Autodiscover record is configured for your domain name you will be able to create an Entourage profile automatically. Read the Knowledge Base article on What Is An Autodiscover Record And Why Do I Need It? for more information.
To configure an Exchange account in Entourage Web Services:
- Open Entourage and navigate to Tools > Accounts in the menu:
- Click New and select Exchange:
- Enter your email address, select My account is on an Exchange server and click the right arrow:
- Wait for Entourage trying to automatically detect your server settings.
Automatic setup will be successful if you have Autodiscover record configured.
If Entourage is unable to automatically detect server settings you will need to enter the server names manually:
- When prompted with Autodiscover server alert, select Always use my response for this server and click Allow:
- Enter your login information in one of the following ways:
- Exchange Domain: Leave this field blank
- Account ID: Enter the primary email address (UPN) of your mailbox
- Password: Enter your mailbox password
- When finished, under the Entourage menu, select Preferences and then Compose. Make sure that Automatically check names when sending messages is checked. (This box is unchecked by default.)
- Entourage profile setup is complete.
Specify the settings in the following way:
When prompted for login, enter your information in one of the following ways:
Click Verify My Settings andafter successful verification click the right arrow to continue:
- Your Name: Your name
- Email address: Your full email address
- Exchange server: Your Exchange server name
- LDAP Server: Your LDAP server name
- You can find both Exchange server and LDAP server names here:
- Administrators: HostPilot > Home > Get started here! > Download and set up your Email client > Entourage setup instructions
- Users: My Services > Downloads & Instructions > Outlook section
- You can compose both Exchange and LDAP servers from your Exchange proxy server name. Detect your Exchange proxy server on page HostPilot > Home > Get started here! > Advanced Settings and follow this scheme:
For Exchange server: https://ExchangeProxyServer/EWS/Exchange.asmx (e.g., https://west.exch026.serverdata.net/EWS/Exchange.asmx)
For LDAP server: replace all before the first dot with ldap. (e.g., ldap.exch026.serverdata.net)
Name your profile:
When finished, under the Entourage menu, select Preferences and then Compose. Make sure that Automatically check names when sending messages is checked. (This box is unchecked by default.)
Your setup is finished.